4 INGREDIENT ENERGY BARS
These healthy, vegan, gluten free/diary free, no bake chocolate energy bars are one of my favourite quick snacks for busy days, weekend adventures, and post workout recovery treats. Made of only 4 wholesome, real food ingredients, they have rich decadent chocolate flavour and smooth but firm texture.These bars are super easy to make and the best thing about them is they have no added sugar and still taste incredible.
Skip the packaged energy bars and make your own in only 10 minutes!
- 4 cups whole pitted dates (moist ones)
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1. Line a pan with a piece of parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the long edges. Set aside.
2. Add the almonds to the food processor/ blender and pulse until they are uniformly finely chopped. Add the chocolate chips and pulse again until the chocolate chips are also finely chopped.
3. Pour the chocolately nuts into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Add half of the dates to the food processor and blend. Add 1 tablespoon of the nut butter to the processor and half of the chocolatey ground nuts. Process until evenly combined. Repeat with the remaining dates, chocolatey nuts and nut butter.
5. When all of the ingredients have been mixed, wet your hands and press the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Fold the excess parchment over the bars to cover them and use something flat and heavy to press down firmly on the mixture until it is smooth.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours and slice into squares.